November 16, 2020
Why most of the Industrial Field Service Apps choose Xamarin?
It helps in Building a connected workforce and and also helps in improving operational efficiency has been a critical challenge for Asset-intensive and Field-force driven enterprises. Developing a custom field service app is complex and challenging because of the various modules involved like GPS, form filling, work order management, signatures, attaching documents, secure data accessibility, and offline sync. Custom Xamarin app development can help companies overcome this challenge as it lets them deploy the app across mobile OSes while keeping the experienced native. Xamarin is a flexible, cross-platform framework that gives developers the freedom to share .NET code between iOS, Windows, and Android platforms. It leads to a faster time-to-market for the app as developers can create a set of reusable components shared across mobile platforms. In this article we will see why most of the industrial field service apps choose Xamarin.
Here are the features that make Xamarin a unique development platform.
1. Cross-platform development – Xamarin is a robust cross-platform development framework that can share up to 75% of its code across major mobile platforms (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone). The apps feel native with native user interfaces with access to platform-specific native APIs and native performance. With cross-platform capabilities, a Xamarin field service app can be deployed across platforms rapidly leading to more adoption
2. Offline Functionality – With Xamarin’s offline sync capability, field technicians can continue working on the app without internet access. Xamarin intelligently stores all the updates in the local database and syncs it to the live server once the internet is available. This feature is handy for a Xamarin field service app as it can work in the remotest of regions.
3. Integrated Development Environment (IDE): Xamarin uses Xamarin Studio on Mac OS X and Visual Studio on Windows. These are the IDEs that include features such as code auto-completion, a project and solution manage system and many others
4. Powerful Native Performance: It offers two commercial products: Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android. Mono and .NET framework have been in existence since the beginning and work on every imaginable platform that includes Linux, UNIX, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X.
5. Xamarin Components – Xamarin has a thriving developer community leading to open source and reusable plugins or components you can use for your project. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel as you can choose from an extensive array of Xamarin components for use in your field service apps from barcode scanner to signature pad.
Xamarin is revolutionizing the way enterprises operate their business. If you haven’t yet explored Xamarin’s potential for transforming your business, it’s about time you did. Why hesitate. You can contact Boostmysites. We will guide you to adopt Xamarin to automate your business processes
and enhance operational efficiency. That is why most of the industrial field service apps choose xamarin.